A couple of days ago I made our Homemade Alfredo Sauce with some chicken, broccoli and fettuccine. It was amazing…but I had lots of extra sauce and wanted to try something new. My kids are always wanting to help make dinner so I thought there is nothing better than a meal they can BUILD!
So here they are, Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Rolls.
First things first, we needed to defrost our rolls, this took 3 hours…and is probably the worst part. We used Rhodes yeast dinner rolls but use whatever you like best!
We let out roll defrost in our slightly greased baking dish for 3 hours, and once they were ready we rolled them out flat and filled with our ingredients.
We used leftover rotisserie chicken (but you could bake some chicken in advance as well), mozzarella and Alfredo Sauce.
Then we pulled up the sides and pinched them together to seal the top. Next we placed them upside down in our baking dish.
Now I was so exited about getting these bad boys in the oven I forgot to take a picture! But we covered them with our remaining mozzarella and Alfredo Sauce. Then into the already preheated oven at 350* for 45 minutes.
After anxiously waiting, out came these delicious, crispy on top, creamy in the middle, Stuffed Rolls!!
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Rolls
1 Jar Alfredo Sauce (We make ours homemade, recipe link below)
2 Cups Cooked Chicken
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
12 Frozen dinner rolls
* Preheat oven to 350*
1. Defrost rolls, in a lightly greased baking dish.
2. Take individual roll, flatten. Place approx. 2 TBSP chicken, 1 TBSP Mozzarella, and a spoonful of Alfredo sauce on to the flat roll.
3. Pull sides of roll around the chicken, cheese and sauce and pinch together to make a ball.
4. Place the ball upside down in the baking dish.
* Repeat steps 2-3 with all rolls*
5. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top of the rolls, and cover with remaining sauce.
6. Bake according to Roll directions + 15 minutes, or at 350* for 45 Minutes